Are you looking for a preschool program that builds self-confidence and inspires educational and social skills? The Wyckoff Public Schools Preschool program provides developmentally appropriate, concrete, observable milestones of social/emotional, adaptive, cognitive, motor, and communication stages (aligned with the NJ Dept. of Education Preschool Learning Expectations). Supplemental programs (e.g., Handwriting without Tears) are employed in preparation for kindergarten. Children are provided opportunities to balance and stimulate both shared and independent learning experiences through play-based centers, access to the playground/gym, as well as participate in art, music, library, and school-wide activities (e.g., Pajama Day, Dr. Seuss Day).
A school nurse is on site during the school day. Parents are invited to participate in select activities, such as read-alouds, and holiday events. Daily communications are sent home highlighting events of the day and parent conferences provide progress updates.
This program provides:
- Experienced classroom teachers certified by the NJ Department of Education in Early Childhood and Teacher of Students with Disabilities
- Instructional aide in each class
- NJ Dept. of Education approved curriculum ("Creative Curriculum for Early Childhood")
- Spacious classroom facilities at Sicomac School
- Tuition rate: $3,675.00 for the full school year, 5 half days
- Follows the Wyckoff School district calendar
- AM session 8:50 – 11:30 AM or PM session 12:30 – 3:20 PM (session recommended by school personnel depending on age and program needs)
Applications are available for pick up at:
Each of the Wyckoff Elementary School Offices and the Special Services Office, located at Sicomac School